Master Gardeners Projects
Montgomery County Master Gardener community projects offer visibility and advertisement for the Master Gardeners program while providing area beautification. Choose from these MCMGA approved projects to earn ACE volunteer hours and community appreciation.
- Smith-Trahern Mansion. A beautiful, historic site overlooking the Cumberland River in downtown Clarksville used for weddings, meetings and guided tours, features period appropriate garden beds. Want to get involved? Contact Katie Smith 931-647-5893 email@example.com OR Aprile Cacale 931-338-2772 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The L & N Railroad Station. A historic Clarksville site located at 10th and Commerce, is a focal landmark used for weddings, pic-nics and numerous cultural and community events. Want to get involved? Contact Diann Nance 931-648-8701 email@example.com OR Wendy Young 410-917-8799 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Madison Street Adopt-a-Plot. Located at the intersection of Madison St. and Dogwood Lane. We have long provided road-side beauty to this Street Department program. Want to get involved? Contact Barbara Plechaty, 931-358-9340 email@example.com OR David Baker, 931-645-3020 firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The Montgomery County Agricultural Extension Services Entrance Gardens and Hosta Beds have been landscaped to show-case nature’s seasonal beauty for visiting speakers and organizations. Co-Chairs are Jim Conatser, 931-561-0929 email@example.com and Kit Vaughn, 931-647-9803 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Habitat for Humanity. A non-profit Christian housing ministry, strives to eliminate poverty housing; Master Gardeners volunteer landscaping expertise to designated building projects. Want to get involved? Contact Debby Johnson, 931-368-0239, email@example.com
- The Master Gardener Hotline This is a key source to understanding and sharing of gardening information, providing a wealth of knowledge to everyday gardening questions from the community. Want to get involved? Contact Karla Kean, 931-648-5725 firstname.lastname@example.org OR Diana Ruby, 931-827-4455 email@example.com OR Julie Baron, 931-302-3794 Redbaroness2017@yahoo.com
- Clarksville Police Department Headquarters. Located on Commerce Street in downtown Clarksville, is a well-manicured highly visible, public site supporting our local city government.
- Plant the Campus Red This APSU event invites Master Gardeners each spring to lead campus volunteers in garden design and placement under the direction of university landscapers. Want to get involved? Contact Margaret Pace, 931-647-4328 firstname.lastname@example.org OR Terry Simo, 931-436-1977 email@example.com;
- Dunbar Cave Butterfly Garden The Dunbar Cave area has been designed with native plants to attracted butterflies and other wildlife. The garden is located at 401 Dunbar Cave Road. Want to get involved? Contact Theresa Bray, 931-648-8362 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greenwood Cemetery Scatter Garden. The Greenwood cemetery has an area designed for the scattering the ashes of loved ones. It is located at 976 Greenwood Avenue. Enter through the cemetery gate and stay to right; you cannot miss it. Wanted to get involved? Contact Herman and Donna Alright 931-237-2568 931-645-3175 email@example.com